Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rolling in the Deep

St. Claire will be shifting her focus a bit for the next few posts...without getting in too deep, my life's taken a different direction. Its hard to describe how it feels to completely fall off the rails. Luckily, one of the best coping mechanisms I've discovered is blasting out my eardrums. My iPod has saved me these past couple days, specifically Rolling in the Deep. I had honestly forgotten all about Adele but caught her on Chelsea Lately the other night, and immediately knew she was going to be on repeat indefinitely. My main focus right now is to "turn my sorrow into treasured gold."

I am in no position to give anyone advice, but here's some things I wish I had done earlier...

1. Be honest. Be honest with everyone you meet, everyone you speak to, but most importantly, be honest with yourself. The corny saying is completely true...the truth will set you free.

2. Even when you feel like your life is over, hold on. Reach out to your friends, you'll never know the value of a friend until you let them in. Open your heart, and you'll never regret it. True friends know how you're feeling regardless of what you're actually saying.

3. It's ok to feel fragile, hurt, sad, lonely. Its not ok to lose hope. Never lose hope. Because when you lose hope, you've lost it all.

I promise I'll be back to my usual snarky self soon, but until then, please bear with me. Be sure to keep up with Big East Basketball this week, I know I'll be keeping track!

And happy Mardi Gras! Be on the lookout for a Lent related post soon.

Down but not out, St. Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment